Sunday 3 January 2010

Lazy Sunday Morning...

Well its Sunday afternoon actually. And as the days now pass im hearing more & more people went to Paris to celebrate the new year of 2010. And a family member proposed to his girlfriend over looking Paris. As i am simply happy for everyone and share the excitment for them i cant help but twinge at the fact they have been to a city that i have always longed to go so hence the little green eyed monster in me surfaces for a while.

I remember when i was only 16yr old, i had left school but had been very ill which had made me weak. As i was recovering i would for hours read of places i wanted to visit. France being the main one. Even though ill i was very stuborn and determined young girl, & one day i passed a local travel agent that arranged coach trips to all places. I saw an advert for a coach trip to France i walked in & booked it. I walked out feeling very independant & eager to enbark on my journey.

I didnt get the same positive view from my mother who sat there gobsmacked with her best friend as i announced my new epic journey. After tears & tantrums the trip was cancelled as they related horror stories of what might happen. One dilemma mentioned was everyone would get drunk on the ferry coming back and me being a young shelter girl wouldnt be able to cope with it.

I laugh now as I had allowed them to put there fears on to me. The real reason wasnt too much of my welfare it was the fact that they wouldnt have been able to cope with worrying whilst i had travelled. The not knowing of what was happening whilst i was out of sight. The trip was cancelled.

So one day even though i have been to France a couple of times i look forward at seeing Paris in its full glory. When is the best season to visit as i want it to be special and create some memories that i can carry with me.

So readers when is the best time to visit & where to stay to get the best out of my first trip to PARIS………..

1 comment:

  1. Paris is wonderful all the year but my heart is stolen by it most at the dawning of the spring.

    ReplyDelete