Wednesday 6 January 2010

Day 6.....And Its Still Snowing

Its late but I have to write todays events & thoughts, I do wonder though is this daily habit going to turn into a little obbesession. I suppose it can not be to bad as i’ve been really happy doing this and it’s filled me with a sense of inspiration.

Apart from landing on my rear bottom when misjudging when the pavement begins & ends because the snow is so deep, I remember my main objection for each day is to walk 20mins each day as Mireille Guiliano points out in her book French Women Don’t Get Fat, that French women walk everywhere. So on my sturdy walking boots went and off to the village i walked. What a lovely time i had and plus i didnt fall on my bottom eithier. I could hear the children laughing & squealing in the background. All in all i really enjoyed the crisp winter air, glad i took the plunge and did that.

Mean while I succumbed to spending more money tut tut. I can hear my inner voice telling me that I am supposed to not be spending any money. But how can any girl resist buying a subscription of ELLE for £12 for a year & Vogue £19.99 for a year plus a free may I add free free free Molton Brown gift set. Any French chic lady in my mind would jump at an opportunity at those fantastic offers.

I decided also to take lots of photos of the homewares that I have purchased from France so hopefully i will put them on my site soon.

And whilst doing my brisk walk I came up with lots of things i can do this coming year to live like a French lady, Ive started to eat the French way. And trust me a self satisfied grin appeared when my husband remarked on my tummy( thank you Mireille again)and i have only been eating like this less than a week. Also I can arrange different French themed parties through the coming months.

I also can not wait to start booking tickets for all the fashion shows over the summer months. And I also have been putting together my clothes for when the spring arrives to wear with ultra chicness. Im going to put some outfits together and takes pictures I hope you like them. I’m going for the Coco Chanel stripes as nautical is going to be big this season. I have also invested in a blue & white blazer from Victoria’s Secret collection and it looks fantastic with everything from smart to casual. I do have my eye on a Sailor jumper also from the Topshop collection.

All in all I’m enjoying living as a French woman, I realize it is only day 6 of my journal but I am so excited and full of ideas it surely can not be unhealthy or negative so I will stop worrying about it becoming an obsession and throughly start to enjoy it for what it is bringing, which is a sense of contentment……….


No comments:

Post a Comment