Monday 4 January 2010

First Day To Live As The French Do....

Well first day back today and it wasnt crazy as i had expected, there wasnt the endless queues of grumpy people. I even had time to have a cup of tea.

Well i have decided for a less stressful year that im going to embrace this year and live my life as the French do. Firstly i have uncovered a book that i try and read twice a year to give me the inspiration to change my eating habits. I cant stress enough that i cringe when i hear the word DIET. Argggh.

So out my little treasured book came ” French Women Don’t Get FAT.” By Mireille Guiliano, it starts of as a funny story of how she became lost in her ways of eating and alass put on unhealthy weight.

I am half way through it and as from today as the holidays are now over i start to live breath & copy the French. So i started my day with a bowl of hot porridge, a ham & salad wrap for lunch. I succumed to a chocolate flap jack by Three O’Clock. But by tea time i cooked potatoes, garden peas & chicken with peppers. I decided to do as Mirelle describes on page 39 ” Eat only at the table, only sitting down. Use real plates & decent napkins. Do not watch television or read.”

So i actually put a table cloth on ( a gingham one for that french feel) lit candles & used our posh vintage knives & forks. And of course the main healthy bit which consisted of a glass of water each.

I will include quite a few features from Mirelle’s fantastic book which i swear will change anyones ways of eating. But overall our meal was ate slowly & consisted of both me & my husband to actually talk about our day. So a big Thankyou to Mirelle not only have a ate well but its also creating a healthy marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment