Friday 8 January 2010

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different" - Coco Chanel

Now christmas is over all the Chanel adverts have stopped, and this only occured to me when I was thinking about what could be my next French blog.

They are so magical I can’t understand why they Don’t run them on television often. But I suppose they won’t seem as magical if they did do that.

Which ones do you remember???

Which one was your favorite??

The first one I remember was Vanessa Paradis swinging & whistling like a bird in a cage, I think it would have been in the 1990s.

And who could forget the Moulin Rouge star Nicole Kidman, that advert was a movie in it’s self. The advert worked so well I think everyone wanted a bottle of Chanel.

And then we had Kiera Knightly the perfect English Rose, being cheeky & I simply adored the bowler hat she wore and can I find one like that. I have looked high & low and still can not find one.

And the latest one with Audrey Tatou the classic French lady. So simply dressed but she looks a million dollars.

So with these adverts we can escape into a another world even if it’s for 30 seconds and live in the world of make believe of Chanel…….

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a blog. I am personally very much in favour of appreciating other cultures better.

    I can't say I am a great Francophile, but there are some French things I really like.

    I love cassoulet (possibly my favorite dish).

    I love French saucisson.

    I love paintings by Adolphe William Bouguereau.

    I love the Royalist anthem, Vive Le Roi Henri IV.

    ReplyDelete